On Monday, October 3, 2022, the Dubai new visa rules went into effect. These regulations provide various benefits, including the renewable 5-year Green Residence visa, according to Emirates News Agency (WAM).The authority’s strategy to offer ground-breaking services is supported by the new, updated visa system, which includes streamlined processes, regulations, and procedures as well as additional facilities to satisfy the demands of all types of foreigners and residents in the future.
The Advanced Visa System is a significant reorganization of the nation’s current immigration policy with the goal of increasing the number of residents. Wam reported on Friday that it includes a variety of residency options, the addition of new ones, and process streamlining to cover all market segments, including investors, entrepreneurs, scientists, specialists, high-achieving students and graduates, humanitarian trailblazers, frontline workers, and skilled labor in all fields.
New Policies of The Green Visa
The Dubai new visa rules include a number of characteristics, such as a renewable five-year Green Residence Visa that also entitles its holders to family member residence permits and a flexible grace period of up to six months to remain in the nation following residence visa expiration or cancellation.
The Green visa in the UAE is a form of resident visa that enables its bearer to sponsor themselves for five years, doing away with the requirement that a UAE national or employer sponsor their visa.
Compared to an ordinary resident visa, the Green visa offers family members extra privileges. The ability to sponsor their male children up to 25 years (previously 18 years) of age, with no age restriction for unmarried daughters, children of determination (those with special needs) are granted a residence permit, regardless of their age, and longer flexible grace periods that reach up to 6 months to remain in the UAE after the residence permit is canceled are all benefits. It will be given to three groups: independent contractors, highly skilled workers, and investors or partners.
UAE Green Residence Visa eligibility criteria
A bachelor’s degree or specialized certification and a freelance permission from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization are requirements for self-employed people and freelancers (MoHRE). They must also be able to demonstrate that they have had annual income in the last two years of at least Dhs 360,000 or that they have demonstrated financial stability by remaining in the UAE.
According to MoHRE, you must be categorized in the first, second, or third occupational level in order to be regarded as a highly skilled employee. This includes level one firm directors and executives, level two professionals in the scientific, technical, and humanities, and level three technicians in those subjects (level 3). You can browse a complete list of the individuals who MoHRE considers to be in the top three occupational levels here. A legal employment contract, a monthly wage of at least Dhs15,000, and a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent are also requirements for skilled workers.
1. Green Residence for skilled workers
- The Visa under the new track for a period of five years without the need for a sponsor or employer.
- According to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization, the applicants should be in the first, second, or third occupational level and possess a current job contract.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required as a prerequisite, and the annual compensation cannot be less than $4,083. (AED 15,000).
2. Green Residence Visa for Self-Employment and Freelancing
- This option offers freelancers and other self-employed people a 5-year residency without the need for a sponsor or employer in the UAE, in keeping with the growing significance of flexible work patterns.
- The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization’s freelance/self-employment permit is a requirement for candidates.
- The minimum educational requirement is a bachelor’s degree or specialized diploma, and the candidate must demonstrate financial stability for the duration of their stay in the country by earning at least $98,000 (AED 360,000) in self-employment annually over the past two years.
3. Green Residence Permit for Partners or Investors
- This residency permit, which grants investors 5-year residency if they develop or engage in commercial enterprises, is intended to promote investment.
- It takes the place of the prior residence, which was only valid for two years. The permission of the investment and investment documentation are requirements.
- The total invested capital will be determined if the investor or partner has several licenses. It is necessary to receive the competent local authorities’ approval.
Advantages of a green visa for the UAE
With the new green visa policy, one can quickly obtain resident visas for one’s spouse, children, and first-degree relatives. Holders of green visas will also be able to sponsor their daughters, regardless of age, and their sons, up to the age of 25.
Once a green visa is revoked or expires, holders will have up to six months to remain in the UAE. The overstay duration will also be increased.
A 60-day entrance work permit will be available to anyone who wishes to apply for the new green visa policy from abroad in order to finish the process once they arrive in the emirates.