The Golden visa is a long-term residence permit that allows foreign nationals to dwell, work, or study in the United Arab Emirates while also receiving special perks. Those who qualify for the Golden visa include entrepreneurs, investors, scientists, outstanding students, recent graduates, front-line heroes, and humanitarian pioneers. Find digital services to apply for the Golden Visa and read about its advantages.
What is the Golden visa in the UAE?
The “Golden visa” of the UAE is a long-term resident visa that allows talented foreigners to dwell, work, or study there while also enjoying a number of special advantages, such as:
- A multiple-entry entrance visa valid for six months before a residence permit is issued
- A 10-year renewable long-term residency permit
- A self-sponsored visa since an employer is not required.
- Ability to extend their stay outside the UAE beyond the typical six-month limit in order to maintain the validity of their residence visa
- Supporting their family members, which includes their spouse and children regardless of the ages.
- Financing an endless supply of domestic workers
- If the primary bearer of the Golden visa passes away, family members may continue in the UAE until the end of their permit period.
What is the cost of a Golden Visa in Dubai?
In order to obtain a UAE golden visa, an investor may spend AED 2 million ($545,000) on a property in Dubai. Taxes, fees, health insurance, and legal services are some of the extra expenses.
Who may obtain a UAE Golden Visa?
A UAE golden visa is available to investors over the age of 18 who have legitimate income, no criminal history, and no serious contagious diseases. The application may also cover their spouses, unmarried daughters of any age, unmarried boys under 25, and unmarried sons of any age.
Check: 5 Most Affordable Places to live in Dubai?
What advantages does the Dubai Golden Visa offer?
An investor who has a Dubai Golden visa is able to go to the UAE whenever they want, lives there, and minimizes taxes. By demonstrating remarkable merit, it is occasionally possible to get UAE citizenship.
How long does it take in the UAE to obtain a golden visa?
A UAE resident visa typically takes two months or more to get. After the application is granted, the investor purchases real estate, gets a medical exam, does due diligence, and receives a visa.
Does citizenship in the UAE follow a Golden Visa?
Yes, an investor makes petition for a citizenship through the naturalization after 30 years of residence in the nation. By demonstrating remarkable merit, it is occasionally possible to get UAE citizenship.
Read: Things that Make Real Estate such a Great Financing?
What is the purpose of the Golden Visa in the UAE?
Talented foreigners can live in the UAE, operate a business there, and take advantage of various perks associated with this status thanks to the UAE Golden Visa.
Who is eligible for a Golden visa?
The UAE Golden Visa is a residency permit for business owners, scientists, professionals, extraordinary talent, and front-line soldiers.
If they meet one of the following requirements, real estate investors can apply for a Golden visa in the United Arab Emirates:
- Buy a home in Dubai valued at least AED two million
- Obtain a loan from one or more approved local banks
- Purchase one or more than one off plan properties in Dubai. It has to be occupied from one or more than one locals of real estate companies.
If an entrepreneur satisfies one of the following requirements, they may be granted a Golden visa:
Own or be a partner in a start-up that is registered as a small or medium-sized business (SME) in the United Arab Emirates and that brings in at least AED 1 million in annual sales.
You must have developed an entrepreneurial project that was sold for a total sum of not less than AED seven million. Receive clearance for a start-up proposal from an official business incubator or from the Ministry of Economy or other relevant local authorities.
Professionals and Scientists
On the basis of a recommendation from the Emirates Scientists Council, scientists and researchers with significant achievements and impact in their field may be eligible for the Golden visa. A candidate should have a PhD or a Master’s degree from one of the top universities in the world in engineering, technology, the biological or natural sciences, as well as significant research accomplishments.
Read: Is buying Emaar Properties in Dubai a good decision?
Professionals and highly talented employees in all fields—including health, science, engineering, information technology, business and administration, education, law, culture, and social sciences—who have advance degrees and professional experience are eligible for the Golden visa if they:
- Possess a legal contract of employment in the UAE
- Are categorized in the first or second occupational level according to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization’s categorization
- Have a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent education, and earn a monthly salary of at least AED 30,000.
Promising People and Graduates
The Golden visa is available to excellent graduates from the top 100 universities worldwide and the UAE’s top-performing secondary school pupils. The criteria include graduation year, university classification, and academic performance/cumulative average.
The Golden visa is available to pioneers in humanitarian work such as the following:
- Prominent members of public benefit societies and recipients of recognition awards in the humanitarian fields.
- Distinguished members of worldwide and regional organizations.
- Notable supporters and volunteers for charitable causes.
New: 7 Housing Communities You want to check out in Dubai
What do I need in order to apply for a long-term residency visa in the UAE?
There are a number of supporting documents you must have when applying for an UAE long-term residential visa.
You’ll need these papers when you apply for the admission permit:
- A photocopied passport
- Passport pictures
- The most recent six-month bank statement
- Any extra documents relating to your purpose:
- Trade License for the Company
- Copy of the Partnership Agreement (if applicable)
- ID of other partners (if applicable)
- A copy of the Articles of Association (for LLC)
- Evidence of authorization from the proper UAE authority (for specialized talents)
- Evidence of patent (for investors)
You require the following paperwork to apply for the long-term residency visa once you are in the UAE:
- Your admission card
- A medical exam
- Passport \Pictures
- Immigration Establishment Card and any other documentation pertaining to your intended trip
Digital Services for Golden Visa Applications
- Abu Dhabi Eligibility Tool – To find out if you’re eligible
- Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security – The Golden Residency Services
- Golden visa (Specialists in Engineering and Science) – GDRFA
- Golden visa (Investors) – GDRFA
- Golden Visa (Creative Specialists in Culture and Art) – GDRFA
- Recommendation letter for Golden Visa for creatives – Culture & Creatives